We all know that a great fashion accessory can transform your entire look. And how about a scarf that can change the way you interact with the world around you?
The TRU47 Silver Mesh Neck Scarf is that latter. A welcome fusion of elegance and function, this antibacterial scarf will help you look great and fight germs from morning till night.
How does the scarf protect me from germs?
For centuries, silver has been a staple in the medical and healing communities. Initially recognized for its antibacterial properties, this precious metal has a history of use in everything from wound care to water storage.
While our medical practices have advanced, silver still is renowned for its antimicrobial properties, which work to inhibit the growth of bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
Like our entire silver collection, our pure Silver Scarves leverage the long-known powers of silver to help you limit the impact of exposure to unwanted germs, viruses, and bacteria. Composed of 99% pure ionically plated silver, these scarves are as functional as elegant and versatile, making them great accessories.
5 Reasons to Add an Antibacterial Scarf to Your Wardrobe.
1. Versatile Wear: Running to the grocery store? Heading to work? Getting ready for a night on the town? The delicate silver sheen and lightweight mesh make it the perfect addition no matter where you’re going. Pair with jeans and a t-shirt to take on a casual look, or wear with dress clothes as a classy complement to business or evening wear.
2. Safe Hand Sanitizer Alternative: Hand sanitizer may be the popular go-to for an on-the-go bacteria and virus killer, but that doesn’t mean it’s the best option. Often composed of harsh chemicals, like alcohol, popular sanitizers can take a toll on your skin, leaving you with dry, cracked, and painful hands. It can also pose a poison risk, particularly to young children who may be drawn to the fruity fragrances often added.
Like other TRU47 products, our antibacterial scarves can be used to help keep your skin free of germs when you’re out and about and away from soap and water.
3. No Washing Required: Washing is optional as silver is known to be self-disinfecting. Just like our silver masks, our Silver Scarves can stay clean and effective after each use—no need to wash. If you choose to launder, simply use soap and water to wash and air dry. You can also freshen up by using our Silver Spritz or Mask Mists.
4. Quick & Discreet Protection: If you’re heading into a crowded space, a multi-layered mask is still one of the best options for protection. A pure silver scarf can also provide an added layer of protection and look elegant in the process. Wear it around your neck and pull it up over your face while social distancing. Easy and light to stow it in your bag, or keep it in the car for easy access.
5. Multi-purpose: When you think of a scarf, you likely think of something that you wear around your neck or over your shoulder. Our lightweight, easy-to-store pure silver scarves extend wear beyond a traditional neck accessory.
Here are a few of the great ways we’ve seen our scarf in action:
- Attached to a purse for an on-the-go antibacterial solution.
- Tied to a gym bag to clean equipment and other gym surfaces.
- Stored in a child’s book bag, so they have a safe way to clean their hands, desks, etc.
- Stowed in a glove compartment or center console to clean the steering wheel, door handles, and even hands upon entering the vehicle.
- Worn around neck or shoulder at events, gatherings, and other crowded events to provide protection.
So often, we’re forced to choose between fashion and function, and our silver antibacterial scarves offer the best of both worlds. Not only do they look great, but they also provide added protection against germs and bacteria.